Article provided by: Evolve Chiro
Downtown Calgary Physio Therapy helps locals who are affected by injury, illness, over-use, or age-related changes through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. Physiotherapists may act as primary care providers, without a referral, and are a vital part of the multi-disciplinary team at Evolve Chiropractic and Wellness.
The Downtown Calgary Physio Therapists from Evolve- Valerie Lowe and Jakkie Yurchevic, are pleased to offer their services and look forward to helping you reach your health goals.
Physiotherapists are highly trained medical professionals who specialize in restoring movement and physical function of their clients, through various manual therapies, mechanical/electrical devices and therapeutic exercise. A significant part of a physiotherapist’s job involves educating their patients in order to prevent further injury and properly perform home exercises.
Physiotherapists are the experts in the examination and treatment of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular and cardiothoracic problems that affect peoples’ abilities to function meaningfully- whether you want to run a marathon or just be able to pick up your grandchildren!
The downtown Calgary Physio Therapists provide treatment for the following conditions:
- Acute and chronic neck and back pain, sciatica, and disc injuries
- Joint pain & body aches
- Soft tissue injuries, including muscle strains/tears and tendon/ligament sprains, bursitis and tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, shin splints
- Headaches & migraines
- Sports injuries
- Pre and post-operative orthopedic conditions
- Repetitive stress injuries such as tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident
- Nerve impingement resulting in tingling, weakness and numbness in the arm(s) or leg(s)
- Arthritic conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis
- Degenerative conditions including degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis
- Post-operative rehabilitation including arthroscopic knee/shoulder/hip/ankle surgeries, and total joint replacement.
All initial appointments with the downtown Calgary Physio Therapy specialists begin with an assessment of your condition. This involves a review of your medical history as well as a neuromusculoskeletal physical examination. By discussing with you your medical history, Physiotherapists are able to verify your symptoms and better evaluate your condition in order to develop an effective treatment plan.
The goals of your initial assessment are to:
- Find the source of your pain/complaint, and determine the structures that are contributory.
- Produce a working diagnosis which will guide your plan of care.
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan based on the findings of the assessment and tailor it to your individual goals and expectations.
Manual Therapy techniques are at the core of the 'hands-on’ approach during your downtown Calgary Physio Therapy session, and can include spinal and peripheral joint mobilization or manipulation. As well, manual therapy may include massage, stretching, mobilization or manipulation of soft-tissue including muscle, tendon, ligament and fascia. No physiotherapy treatment is complete without a personalized exercise program, designed to restore strength, endurance, and flexibility of your tissues.
At Evolve Chiropractic & Wellness, their experts work hard to help their patients stay informed about their particular condition and treatment options. Their commitment to patient education is often the key element to each patient’s success at therapy.
If you’d like to make an appointment for downtown Calgary Physio Therapy, please call Evolve at 403-474-7792. You’ll be glad you made the appointment, and you’ll leave feeling better!Downtown Calgary Physio